vendredi 25 avril 2008

Welcome to China

On the 11th of April, I left Osaka on a ferry for Shanghai. This was the beginning of a trip, I had been dreaming about since august 2007 and my encounter with another french guy in Mukaijima, who told me of his plan to come back to France using the trans-Siberian railway (plan he finally couldn't achieve). 8 months later, my studies achieved, inspired by this trans-Siberian plan, motivated by the possibility to meet with some friends in Cambodia, I left Osaka.

Bye bye Osaka

Bye bye Japan

After this little introduction where I pretend to know how to write, let's get more direct.
The trip lasted 48 hours for a departure on the Friday at noon. As I had chosen the most economic solution, I slept in a kind of big room where we were 10 to 15 men. This trip was also the occasion to eat cup noodles and... cup noodles. Finally, some strange people appeared in this trip. They were moving in bands, playing ping-pong holding their racket in some strange way, and talking very loud in some kind of language that I didn't understand at all... I learnt after afterwards that we call these people Chinese.

An heliport... have they already used it ? I don't think so

When you have a lot of time to kill...

46 hours of navigation later, we had closed on to Shanghai and could see the entry of the harbor. The water had gone from deep blue to earth brown, the smell from see breeze to trash gust, and cranes had appeared all around the boat.

Hello China

Hello Shanghai

As we were going upstream, the cranes were replaced by buildings, the air became more and more polluted, and the water... nope it stayed the same. We finally stopped in front of the famous skyline of Shanghai... I was arrived at the Empire of the middle !

Pudong Skyline

2 commentaires:

Rafi a dit…

Joli description de l'arrivée en Chine. J'ai eu moi aussi un choc similaire en prenant l'avion de Tôkyô jusqu'à Shanghai il y a 2 mois. Je t'enverrai la photo du ciel au dessus de Tôkyô par plein ciel bleu pris au décollage et la photo du ciel au dessus de Shanghai par plein ciel bleu 3h après pris à l'atterrissage... c'est édifiant

Unknown a dit…

Yooouuuhooouuu

On te surveille....