dimanche 6 avril 2008

Third step: the equipment

I thought it could be a good idea to share with you my equipment so that you can either give me advices or use it if one day you plan on making a long trip like me. It was based on the fact that I will spent most of my time in tropical places (hot). So here I go:

Bags:
- Big backpack 60L (the top can be detached and used as a small bags (10L))
- Small money pocket
- Big plastic trash bags (to protect the inside of the backpack from the humidity)
- Small plastics bags (to make compartments inside of the big backpack)
- Small water-tight bags (for important objects such as camera)

Clothings:
- Hiking shoes
- Flip-flops
- Socks
- Underwears
- Swimsuit
- Short
- Jogging
- Jean
- Light trousers
- Belt
- Sleeveless T-Shirt
- Short sleeve T-Shirt
- Long sleeve T-Shirt
- Shirts (long and short sleeve)
- Ski coat
- Krama
- Cap
- Gloves
- Laundry soap

Health and hygiene:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Soap in a watertight box
- body soap/shampoo
- Towel
- Deodorant
- Razor (electric or manual ?), shave gel
- Cissors
- Higiene kit
- Medicaments kit
- Aspirin, band-aids, disinfectant
- Personal medicaments
- Medical book
- Antimalarial drug ?
- Mosquitoes repellent, sting balm (mosquito net)
- Sun protecting cream
- Sunglasses
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Toilet paper

Sleep and eat:
- Sleeping bag
- Small alarm clock
- Earplugs
- Small light with batteries
- Padlocks
- Swiss army knife
- Flask

Various:
- Pens, notebook
- Envelopes, paper letter
- Small calculator
- Small sewing kit
- Cord, clothes pins
- Electric plug adaptator
- Lighter
- Compass
- Camera, memory cards
- USB key
- MP3 player, headphones
- Nintendo DS ?
- Passport, insurance papers
- Identity pictures
- Copies of important documents
- Money
- Books, travel guides
- Log book
- Photo album with spare photos

If you have any comments !

9 commentaires:

Guillemin a dit…

Forget about the razor. Beard is the ultimate fashion accesory among great explorers (and hippies).

Tony a dit…

I thought the same. But there is one small detail that puts everything in question: with a beard, I won't suntan under the beard, and when I will arrive in France I will have the most ridiculous suntan mark in the world !

Elia a dit…

I agree with the suntan ... but forget about the electric razor, a traditionnal one will be enough!
And to protect your backpack bag, I suggest you to buy a kind of "housse de vélo" which you can buy at 100-yen shops. It is grey, with an elastic around, and it was reaaaaly useful against the snow in Kyushu - so I guess it will be good against rain.
http://pfromi.free.fr/Temp/Objectif%20reflex_fichiers/Lowepro%20nature%20EW%20-%20Protection%20eau.jpg
http://fr.decathlon.com/poncho-sac-a-dos-35-55-l_117_221283.htm

Guillemin a dit…

Then it's a good reason to keep your beard until december (^_^). And dont' cut your hair neither.

Elia a dit…

yeah, don't cut your hair : with the sun it will become platine blond and you will look like Guillemin ... ah, "blondes" will never change! :D

Djosty a dit…

You forgot to mention your guitar!! Anyway I hope to see you soon with long hair, piercings and tatoos.
By the way, I have been hired as an intern by Lafarge and I am preparing a trip this summer trough Asia to visit their business units and to make kind of an internal audit. Not as adventurous as yours, but quite interesting too: I am (perhaps) going to Séoul, Shangaï, Kuala Lumpur, Indonesia... Not everybody can be a legend!
Have fun
Cécile

Swoosh a dit…

I agree, keep your beard until December, especially if you plan to go to South America, nobody cares about that!

Dad a dit…

Be carefull, long hair and beard aren't welcome now in China.
Take pleasure, make pictures, and send us news asap

Tony a dit…

You don't know what you want everyone ! So I decided for myself and adopted the hairless mode (5mm length and closely shaved). Of course, I have lost some of my coolness but what would I do for a beautiful suntan... Fortunately, I can gain some points in the cool attitude scale with my guitare ;)